View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsandovalb View Post
Stats have a magic on their own.... I've had martin logans in the past (electromotions, odyssey, cls2, sl3) and have heard the ethos and clx from the newer models...

Vocals soynd incredible and small chamber music is awasome... I know people that prefer box and other people go with stats... I like and own them both, they are just different.

Maintenance is easy, you just need to avoid smoking and vacuum them from time to time.... Stators make funny noices with dirt particules.... The models without the powered woofer need a solid amp, either tubes or solid state, while the ones with the powered woofer, like the ethos you heard, can be driven by 300b set amps and sound fantastic...

In my particular case I enjoy more the sound of the old Logans versus the new ones... Still own the cls2 and sl3, but it is just my liking (find them more "musical" and less "cold" than the newer models, a matter of taste!
Curious -- what didn't you like about the odysseys?? I assume there was something since you sold them off.... thanks tim.