View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two dot View Post
Beautiful speakers!!!!!!!!

Please let us know how the sound compares to the old B&W's...

Congrats on a very worthy upgrade!
two dot... Thanks! I actually had these speakers for almost a year now. Here's my take on the speakers (I posted similar findings in the B&W 805S thread).

GM is so musical. Before upgrading to the GM, I listened to 1 or 2 hours of music per week. Now I listen to >1 hour of music per day. I had to stop only because I need to get other work done

String, vocal, and small Jazz ensemble are several of GM's specialty. They sound so fluid and relaxing with these loudspeakers.

GM sounds big. It's hard to imaging they are bookshelf speakers. Their bass is quite deep and tight.

GM is also very transparent. I hear many things I have not heard before. It is a treat to be able to re-explore my entire music collection.

Imaging is also wonderful with GM. The sound is "free." Voices and instruments emanate from no where. There is no need to close my eyes. The speakers disappear even with eyes open

Overall, GM is a definite upgrade. They cost almost 5x the price of 805S, so they better be good lol.

Oh, did I mention GM is gorgeous? The red violin glossy coating was painstakingly applied, dried, and sanded multiple times over several weeks. They were dried under natural condition outdoor. So when it rained, they had to postpone the schedule. My dealer said the red violin finish incorporated some ox blood in it, I'm not sure if he's joking or not haha.