View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_NYC View Post
Freestone, I'm curious if you could speak a bit more on how your PLs compare with the Latours. I've heard the Latours on a few occasions, and have always been impressed with them, but have yet to hear their little brothers (no Shindo dealers seem to carry them, from what I've seen). i've been mulling the idea of getting some Shindo speakers, and cost and room size seem to point to one of the PL variants, so certainly any comparative info from someone who has heard both would certainly be very helpful.
Come out and hear them.

They clearly are related but its hard to really compare as the rooms are so different. The midrange magic is present in both, and they are both just beautiful to hear. They honestly sound so great. But I love the scale of the bigger latours - and they have even more effortlessness to me. True for all the speaker companies as its physics, size matters.

If my wife would allow, I would have owned from day 1 the big latours. And as i have said before I will get field coils because I understand they have that little bit extra. Same reason I went from the Masseto to Giscours. If you really suffer from upgrading, honestly, you want their ultimate - which field coil depending on your room.

For my office system -at a different price point - I thought about the used petites on agon but will wait to hear the o/98 or re listen to the Tannoy.

For the home system it's just a question of field coil petites or convincing my wife I can have the big latours. No disrespect to the alnico petites. But this hobby can be hard when you know Shindo's ultimate interpretation is available...everything else is a compromise!

Last edited by Freestone; 01-22-2013 at 09:24 AM.