View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardJ View Post
Thank you for your comment but I do not agree with your cynicism . The symmetry left/right is not an issue. It stays completely symmetrical in the proposed setup.
My TAD Evolution One speaker has two sets of terminals for biwire. The crossover frequency between the coaxial mid/high unit and the bass units is 250Hz. The normal way to go is to add a second ww silver eclipse 7 for biwiring. But because the crossover frequency is as low as 250Hz perhaps it is an option to buy the new version of the silver eclipse, series 8, and use it for the mid/high terminals which does cover the main part of the frequency spectrum.
Also the sonic benefits of the series 8 over the 7 is according to WW website: Increased soundstage separation, resolution and dynamic impact. So that could work well. Only the series 8 has gauge 11 instead of gauge 12 for series7, so there could be a difference in sound level. That’s why I posted my question.
I never said there wouldn't be symmetry in your scenario, I was simply stating that in mine the Left/Right Symmetry would also be maintained. And in what I described you would maintain the balance intended by the original speaker designer with the high frequency / low frequency if you mix and match two different series and or gauges you would not. I wasn't being cynical I meant my idea was odd not yours. Good luck

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player