View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvee View Post
I live in India where Lamm does not have a dealer. However I really love the Lamm sound and own the ll2.1 deluxe picked up stateside. A pair of 12 year old M1.1's are available for sale here at a very attractive price. Also since they are available in India logistically it is much better to buy them as all the Lamms are monstrous and shipping is a big hassle when trying to import. Do you think I should consider these? What would be the pitfalls of buying such old amplifiers - such as drying/defective caps etc. Do share your thoughts. Cheers, Sid
As a Lamm owners myself, I can heartily say "yes, you should consider." It sounds, however, that you're in a less than ideal situation. I purchased my Lamm M1.2 monos used, then drive them over to Lamm in Brooklyn for the once over. Since you don't have that luxury of even shipping them without incurring massive costs, I, too, would proceed with caution. I don't know exactly how good a deal you may be getting on these amps, but it might make sense to buy on the used market from somebody who claims there amps are in pristine condition, so long as their feedback is excellent. X is there a way that you could live with these amps for a time before you buy?