View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabcs View Post
ctsooner, no need to apologize ... I understand what you're saying.

I did not have all the speakers I heard ... I simply had the opportunity to hear those speakers in my house. For example, five years ago I listened Marten and TAD in my house, and I chose Marten (the TADs are coherent but lean in the midrange).
This time I listened to Rockport (great sound, but serious serious problems in my difficult room) and Paradigm 9H and I chose Paradigm.

And it's true, I'm blessed and have a lot of fun listening to this kind of equipment.
As the saying goes "Variety is the spice of life!", and I find that applies very well to high end audio. We all have different tastes and preferences and as a result there's a wide variety of gear available to choose from. Having the opportunity to audition equipment in your own system is invaluable, and there are no absolutes when it comes to audio. Finding what sounds best to you in your room is really all that matters, and it sounds like you're enjoying the process as well as the results you've achieved. A job well done and now you can sit back and enjoy the tunes!