View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc33 View Post
Agreed! Funny, the two speakers I am looking at right now are the Persona 9h's and the Monitor Audio PL500 II's. Difficult decision.
In my humble opinion you can't go wrong with either one. It comes down to your room and preferences. The problem is "we" tend to make blanket statements about speakers, when it's a "system" that we're listening to. Like most high-end speakers the PL500 II's are chameleon like and can sound very different depending on the room, set-up, cables, amp/preamp, and source.
I attended a listening session hosted by Magico two days ago. I was glad I went, because there was a discussion about proper set-up of speakers and where to start. Long story short, I went to Lowes and purchased a laser tape measure. My wife and I spent several hours Saturday night and a couple more on Sunday to get the PL500 II's dialed in. I will keep my PL500 II's for a very long time. I'll send you a PM and you can call me if you have any questions about the PL500 II's. I'll tell you the good and bad