View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 AM

Interesting debate. A little too much emotions from both camps but that is typical of A'Gon.

Likewise Alberto, I have not heard the GH's in my system. What I've discovered about my GM's is that just when you think you know everything about them, you really don't. I've made some system changes over the recent months as you know. The GM's have allowed me to hear all the little differences along the way. They sound quite a bit different with the 501s vs M1.2s, they sound different with the C500P vs LL2D or Ayre KX-R. So are they more or less neutral to allow that kind of an audible difference and discovery? Perhaps... Can they sound a little hard and edgy when the recording is total crap? Sure. Can they sound simply gorgeous when the recording is great? You bet, like very few speakers out there. Can they image like some of the best speakers out there? Absolutely. Can and do they still have that romantic, seductive midrange? Of course they do or I wouldn't have traded my other speakers for them. Do they have airy, sweet, yet extended highs that allow you to hear the shimmer of the high hats with that golden glow and overtones? Yep. Does it matter who made the drivers for which version when Sonus Faber puts an incredible effort into their drivers no matter who they work with? Not to me it doesn't. They all sound great and I can easily live with either version, that I am sure of.