Thread: Accuphase C2420
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
a dg would be the next step after getting the c2420 but if not a dg58 or 48 what would you suggest ?
In my opinion the DG-58 (I can only speak about that, never tried other DGs) does a fine job when it has to just give the extra mile to an already good and balanced system in a good room. In this situation it really bring improvements without any drawback, and with the absolute transparency and easy of use it has.

If one has to do bigger corrections, for example in more difficult rooms or with not so well corrected speakers, then I experienced better correction with more sophisticated solution like Dirac, that can correct the problems without introducing new ones.

These are my impressions after owning both a DG-58 and a miniDSP 22D (with Dirac) for a couple of years and trying and experimenting with them in many different setups.

In any case, in my opinion adding either of those to your system should bring you much more real and tangible improvements over stepping up from the pre-section of the 470 to the 2420 (or a 2850 or 3850 for that matter...). Also the 2420 is due to replacement soon, so in case you absolutely want it, if you wait a bit longer maybe you can get a good discount on a 2420 when the new model will be presented.

Last edited by Mattia; 05-22-2017 at 06:27 AM.