View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Ron was here

Bad news... The MiniDSPs in balanced mode have a hiss that is louder than my projector at the MLP. I I emailed Tech Support, and they said it is because my speakers are so efficient, and that I should rewire their unit as unbalanced. I said no... I only purchased it because i am running balanced. I notified PayPal of the problems, and I am waiting for return info for these defective crossovers.

Meanwhile I purchased a Xilica XP4080 which I will be hooking up this weekend in the 3 MiniDSP 2x4s place. It will handle 4 inputs, and 8 outputs, so it will handle bi-amping for all 3 front channels plus I can use it for tuning my 2 Danley subs (the crossover is also the one used by Aeries (for their Legend speakers), and Danley for their speakers). It looks like it has a lot of capability (more than I will use), but the price was right, and I think it will be a big improvement over the MiniDSPs.

Last edited by ellisr63; 08-07-2015 at 10:07 PM.