View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffoc View Post
my first post here!!

I'm finding this thread very useful. I'm considering upgrading my Cremona Auditors to a Cremona M and i'm not really sure it is the way to go now. I really do prefer the sound of the old Cremona line to the new.

What I really want is the Guarneri’s
I moved form the Auditors to the GH and it was a major, MAJOR, upgrade. In pictures they look to be very similar, but I'd guess the GH volume is 2x that of the Auditors.

While I loved the Auditors from the first moment, it took me a little longer to fall in love with the GH. I loved, and still love their looks, but as for the sound, they IMMEDIATELY commanded respect, but they were not as forgiving as the Auditors and thus a bit hard to love at first. In a way the Guarneri's "forced" me to upgrade some of my components, cabling and room treatment. This is, BTW, pretty typical of speaker upgrades IMO. Generally speaking, as you go up the line, they become more and more revealing and will manifest any weaknesses in your audio chain.

Right now, the MC501 + SF GH + room treatment sounds amazing and I can say that I love the way it sounds ... but it took me a while, and some upgrades, to get there. I no longer miss the more gentle and forgiving nature of the Auditors.

Alberto