View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartybardfast View Post
Hello All, I'm going to take this thread on a slight tangent (as I am new and unable to start a separate thread)..... The question is regarding the E650 and/or E480?
I've raised a similar question on an earlier thread about both but still feel not 100% comfortable with the answer and I was hoping to get even more clarification.
As much as I would like not have to spend any more money than I have to, the power of each of these two integrated amplifiers is substantially different, but again I'd like to ask ... which amp to suit ProAc D2 loudspeakers with a sensitivity of 88.5db and a recommendation of amplifiers rated 30 to 150 watts. If I wanted to play the system at a higher volume (occasionally) be it rock or classical, which would be the most suitable.(dynamically, musically etc)…
For what it's worth I am using an E270 with ProAc D15's and a REL sub. I rarely have the volume dial beyond -35db (a bit past a quarter dial turn). Obviously that will be dependent on the size of your room. If you think you will prefer the class A sound, you could consider adding a sub to fill in the lower end versus cranking up the volume to push the D2's. Accuphase does rate amp/integrated output very conservatively. The E270 sounds significant louder (and more controlled) then the higher rated wattage of the integrated I previously had.