View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:06 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
Yes I have been considering the 1028 Be as a potential upgrade. How would you describe the sound of the Focal, warm, dry, lean, etc?
Am fairly sensitive to the 'edgy' sound of many tweeters and was worried that the Focal inverted dome would make my 'ears bleed' in long listening sessions. However, that was anything but the case. Never a problem and many, many happy hours with them. Would describe them as being 'accurate' and extended at both ends of the spectrum. The 1008BeII would be the favorite of all the speakers I've owned over many years. Accurate and extended at both ends. And, important to me, sound as good at low listening levels (<80db) as they do when 'rocking out'. That includes both the Yamaha NS-1000 & NS-1000M speakers you've mentioned, driven with the B-2 & MX-2000 amps, which, like so many speakers, fail at my preferred lower listening levels.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag