View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Glisse, thanks for addi. info.
Yes I see 911 has very high gain. but my Moon has 31dB which is quite high too.
when I use amp with normal gain of 26dB, I have to crank it to 70 sometimes driving Salon2. Actually I just want new amp. too bad Burmester would require me to replace ARC Ref40, which is still very good, to me. and as both preamp and 911 are designed as true balance, I don't want to run RCA with them.
I only get intro price if I order right away, without chance to try. If wait to listen to it in my system first then I will get normal price. I have to take a risk pre-order them if I choose to go Burmester way. Risk here I mean, risk that I may not like them, and it may not match with Magico well, not the risk that it may
not be good.

Toga
Hi Toga,

I agree with your thoughts that the Burmester gear should be run balanced. And personally, I would not take the risk of buying for a discount, then hearing whether they work in your system or not. Unless the discount is so good that you can turn it over for little loss.

If the new distributor is serious about establishing the brand properly, they should work with you on this. After all, if you buy them with the discount, and then say they sound like rubbish with your system, this is more likely to create bad PR in your country. This introductory pricing is a lousy marketing approach for high end gear in my view

Really, if you are going to take a risk buying something without hearing it first, better maybe to get a used version which can be resold for a similar price.