View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveneumann View Post
As I've been considering changes to my system, I'm thinking more about tweaks and set up before new gear.

Currently only my amps are between the speakers. The equipment racks are along the side wall about equal to my listening chair. I'm using a 5 meter balanced Transparent Reference interconnect.

The upside of this set up is a wide open space between the speakers with nothing to distract from the illusion of the musicians being in front of me.
The downside of this set up is a very long interconnect.

For those with the option of setting up your gear as you want, what choices have you made and what do you see as the trade-offs? I know many folks don't have the option given the system is also used for home theater or is a multiple use room and other considerations take priority.
Balanced cable runs are typically no problem. I've had to run over 25 feet of Transparent balanced without any sonic degradation that I could notice.

Let's not forget that microphone cables are typically much, much, longer and the fragile microphone signal has to travel as far as 300 feet in some cases.