View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 08:39 PM

I am still looking forward to a dedicated home build/2 channel setup at some point, but getting tired of waiting. Been a while since I looked at these and was holding back (in my mind) since I only have 4 residential 15A outlets. I thought that this required 20A service.

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain how the PS10 can provide the required current to run all my gear (effectively from a single 15A outlet)?

You can tell from my question I don't have an electrical engineering background - but I was led to believe that amps for example benefit from lots of current, like from dedicated 20A outlets. Just trying to understand practically how this would work, and even more important, how it would sound

Similar to the OP, I currently have 7 components on a combination of crappy power bar and into the wall directly:

2 X 501's - direct to 15A outlets

Through power bar plugged into a 3rd outlet:

c2300
Esoteric K-03
Oppo BR
Turntable (next on the list)
Plasma Panasonic
Satellite

Second question is around surge protection - while waiting for a dedicated build with whole-house surge protection, how much surge protection does the PS10 alone provide?

Finally, assuming I add a music server at some point - how does the PS10 handle momentary power failures, or would such trip computers as they do now?

We had a few power blips recently that gave my K-03 fits - it remained powered, but the transport was Not Happy judging by the sounds emanating. Looking to avoid this going forward, including with an added music server.

Thanks in advance for any technical advice here.

Cheers

Matt