View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 03:46 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anderson View Post
What do you do when you have no money, you're depressed and bored, and simply want to replace the shitty Focal Spirits you have in the hotel?

Well, clearly the answer is to buy an Astell & Kern player, which makes sense given the crappy iPod I have.

To take it one step further, you buy a pair of Abyss headphones at full retail; don't cheapen the experience by looking for a discount. They are a close second to the my SR-009's, but obviously don't work on portable gear. Now I have to go to the boat and drag the Esoteric and EAR amp to the hotel!

Behold the professional pictures I took after 3 beers and 4 single malts:

Ivan, if you read this, don't sweat the turntable, my family need not eat for the next 4 months to fund this.
Hahaha Bob, those single malts turned out to be expensive!
Dangerous drink I know.
I ordered some platinum cables with Ivan a while ago inspired by some great Scotch...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables