View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahle View Post
I agree, pricing for high end audio equipment has far outpaced inflation. Take for example a Mcintosh MC452. One could argue that back in the year 2000, the MC352 held the equivalent spot in the product lineup (MC352 to MC402 to MC452) and had a retail price I believe to be $4,500 at the time. Assuming the retail price was $4,500, that $4,500 would now be about $6,500 when factoring in inflation. Current retail pricing on the MC452 is now $9,000! I've seen this with other high end audio brands as well and you can't tell me that overhead has caused these kind of price increases. On another thread it was mentioned that the price for the MCD350 is going from $4,500 to $5,000 effective April 1st right after corporations received a huge tax cut, it doesn't make sense. If price increases such as these continue, I'm going to get priced out of this hobby and if many others are like me, they will too and that will hurt retail stores.

I guess if I look at the upside to all this, I'll be able to go into a big box store and purchase a much larger and more advanced TV at less of a price than I could in 2000 and that's without factoring in inflation. I'll just never be able to upgrade my audio system to go with it.

Greedy Bastards