View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
I've listened to the Veneres at my dealer.....NOT good at all. I hope these sound, and sell better.
They do.

In other threads, I have commented on the different "sounds" of Sonus Faber in this space.

Franco Serblin era - Cremona/M often described as mini Amatis (I really loved these but I remember watching a YouTube video from Kevin Deal where he hated it).. I would describe it as a speaker more suited for jazz/classical but could still rock when called upon.

Fine Sounds Audio - replaced Cremona with Venere and Olympica. I can't say I was a fan of the Venere range (even the S) or the Olympica III. They were still the speakers of choice for jazz/classical and were amazing with vocals but I could never get them to rock, especially 80s rock. The Olympica II was the one exception. It sounded more like the Cremona.

World of McIntosh - Venere replaced by Sonetto. This brings the old Cremona character back... and IMHO were voiced like the new Amati Tradition (which I also like). I am hoping the Olympica Novas are back to the old groove.

I recognize these are solely my own impressions so take them with a grain of salt