View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 09:51 AM

I sent Alasdair an email inquiring about this new PC.

My guess if it's above the wel... It's going to cost a LOT of money.

In that case, I'm happy staying where I am.

I wonder if they'll name this Wel2.

And maybe Hurricane is the proto name.

I think the new DBS unit looks bulky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Truly a very interesting picture that has me very intrigued! I had a huge investment back in the days of my 7.1 HT & 2-ch hybrid system (7 pairs of Sky, 2 pairs of Cheetah, 3 pairs of Volcano, 3 YIQ-5s, several Eagle Eyes, 2 Ravens, custom-built Sky/REL subwoofer cables, 2 pairs of 45+foot Gibraltars for my LS/RS and LSB/RSB,...I was a big fan of AQ and their DBS system). Their PCs on the other hand never stayed in my system as they were dark and murky and didn't do much (for me, remember it's only an opinion). Same for their initial WEL Signature digital and analog cables but again, that's only an opinion and was very specific to my system I'm sure.

This picture on the other hand is VERY interesting as it looks as though based upon the fact there is NO mention anywhere via Google search of any specifics on these cables and the hand-labeled tags on each that AQ brought a new top-of-the-line PC prototype to CES. They also appear to be using 1 NRG-1000 prior-generation cable (or something similiar) in there for some reason. Interesting things I see;

- all new DBS (as noted) or possibly just a new shell over the same 72v DBS

- new bespoke power connectors as nothing that I know of, except possibly Bocchino power plugs could take that many and size of conductors in...

- from the size of each part of the braid, looks like at least 3 WILD level PCs or WEL Signatures with their counter-spiral internal geometry but with each part of the path (3 logical conductors) separated out and then more traditionally braided externally....leaves me wondering if they'll go to this approach for their analog and digital cables in this new offering as well. Potential benefits of taking this approach are obvious and very interesting...wonder what is actually inside each one of those parts and how much of it is shielding and braid thickness versus internal conductor network and geometry...

AQ obviously has some new (for them) tricks up their sleeve to show us; it could be very interesting to see and hear this cable if they mean to introduce it to the market...thank you to the OP for posting this. What room was it?

Last edited by joey_v; 02-04-2017 at 09:08 PM.