View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2300MC275 View Post
Don't get me wrong the pair share certain sonic traits, which are:

Fast and punchy bass
Ultra resolution
Precision imaging

The maestro delivers an overall darker presentation with bigger sound field and slightly more relaxed across the bandwidth. The bass is much deeper and potent. The advantage of the Scala IMO is only if you can't accommodate the Maestro. The maestro does everything the Scala can but with the ability to provide all recordings on a grander scale, more natural timbre and increased resolution.
It sounds overall you are happy with improvements in all areas from the maestro over the scala.

I have read in detail on your discussions on another forum.

Its seems at first this member found the maestro draker as well and not drawing any attention in any areas. I.e. more natural which i also find from the demo of the maestro.

However, from your now long ownership of the maestro, do you in anyway find less brilliance in the sound on maybe lesser or duller sounding material which is not audiophile quality recordings which allow the more tilted scala to excel in its own, in otherwords, maestro giving a less hyped but at the same time doesnt catch ones attention as much in say shorter listening sessions.

The scala can sound wonderful on better recordings but less grand and showing some etchiness and overemphasised highs on recordings which have been titled up by the sound engineer.

After months of ownership, are you totally knock by the improvement by the bigger speaker? Bass wise way punchier and deeper than the scale everytime. Worrying that a room not large enough will be overloaded with bass.

Thanks in miles for your opinion and view.