Thread: MSB Analog DAC
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellindo

Thanks for the info. If the Analog DAC is processing the output in a non symetrical/balanced way, then I'm no more interested...

Yes Jérome, the Shindo Monbrison will have to go, at least for CD replay, since it is a tad too "polite/delicate" sounding (despite very beautiful and rythmically perfect) while the Sasha are themselves a bit introverted speakers.
I would need a fully balanced preamp, or integrated balanced DAC + preamp, which is faster and delivers more energy.

Each time I audition a fully balanced system I know this is what I need ;-) No single ended connection for me in the future. My dCS and my A-65 are really true balanced designs.
Laurent,

Did not know that the Sasha were "introverted" speakers ! Well, there is a place for everyone under the sun. Most people who do not like Wilson say that they are way too extraverted !
The important is to find the sound you have in mind.
I went from a 100% fully balanced dual mono system, from the MDA 1000 and the REF PHONO2 to the C1000P and the quad balanced 2301 to a Shindo system with only the Giscours preamp being balanced and not even fully balanced because inputs are still RCA only, and the level of the sound quality exploded.
My 300B Manley preamp is connected to the Manley Snappers and this system is also not balanced and it sounds much better than the Mcs.
It is possible that the best choice for your A65 would be an Accuphase fully balanced preamp.
Besides this obvious choice, you should not be too much concerned about balanced or not components when it comes to ultimate sound quality.
Please do not sell the Monbrison before calling me. I may be very interested in one.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado