View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Listener in Training

With a few hobbies, I'll never get to "enough is enough". With audio, while I'm extremely happy with what I have so far, I would like to listen and compare components, and build another system in the house. I collect antique maps, and while that's a bit of a lower priority now with the audio habit ascendant, tuition, the market, etc., I'll always have more maps that I'd like to acquire. Same, as odd as it may sound, with genealogy. I get into it every few years with a bunch of research, a trip to somewhere the family is from, maybe meet some 'long lost' cousins, then drop it as time pressures and other interests take over. In a way it's like collecting, because you're adding names to your files, or pushing the limits as far as you can when trying to discover an earlier generation.

With all three of these (and others), I've had interest since a kid, and they've been in or out of focus over the years, but I always go back to them, and enjoy all three.
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable