View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbient View Post
It was almost 10 years ago now, but I made a switch from Ayre 5 series (K-5xe, V-5xe, C-5xe) to a Simaudio I7 and Supernova RS, and honestly felt like I had given up too much.

Funny, actually, that I seem to be repeating the past. I went back to Ayre and on the search for an integrated again!

Haven't heard the 700i, but at the time I wasn't as thrilled with the simaudio sound as I'd hoped.

I had a chance to audition a Simaudio 340ix. It sounded really good but was a little weak in the bass spectrum for my ears. Since I've not heard a 700i v2 I can't comment on it. I would take a long hard look at the Gryphon Diablo 300 and Hegel h590. I've just been through a day long audition of 7 different high end integrated amps. I kept coming back to the Gryphon D300. To my ears it just had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. It's really darn hard to beat. I did audition a Hegel h390 and it sounded very impressive. Another couple of amps I auditioned that I was impressed with was the NAIM Supernait 3 and Pass int 60. Both are beautiful sounding amps. But my ears had a slight preference for the D300.