View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw31 View Post
Hi, I will try to supply the info the same way Martin did for my room.

I have a dedicated sound room with GIK Corner Traps x8 and 3 4"x 4'x8 Art panels on each side wall. Only other items in the room are the audio rack mid left wall, 2 amp racks behind speakers and my albums in 8 Per Madsen record racks center back wall.

My room is 17.25' x 23.13' (399 Sq Ft). Room height is 8.54 feet (2.56 m).

Distance between central line of speakers is 10' 8" (tweeter center to tweeter center). Listening distance from front of speakers is 11' 5'. That is if you drew a line from tweeter to tweeter and then a perpendicular line from that to back of my head.

Not sure exactly how Martin calculated distance to his listening position. Also curious where he found that 10.68 is at the upper limit. I called B&W tech support and they had no insight.

Hope this helps. Absolutely love these speakers. I also had the 802D3 which are also incredible. If you are concerned about the size of your room to handle the 800D3's I think you would be thrilled with the 802's. I had them in a 17 x 13 x 8 room and was thrilled. Feel free to ping me if you have any other questions
Thanks for this, yes I did extensive demos of the 802 versus 800 and not sure why, I became very enamoured with the 800 midrange, obviously the bass as well.