Thread: Higher End DACs
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
I have a similar system to you (C1100, MC1.2KW’s and 800D3’s and my advice would be to try 2 or 3 options in your own system at different price points so you can hear in your own set up the differences - there is no point in my opinion trying to listen to different DACS in other / dealer systems.

FWIW - I went from using the DAC in the C2500 to a K-01X to being fortunate enough to pick up a mint pair of used D1’s (Esoteric) to match with my Esoteric streamer and have been extremely happy, particularly since adding an external clock. Each has added something to my system, albeit to a lesser degree as I’ve moved up in price. From my I’ve read, absolutely worth trying the Schiit or similar plus some higher price point options so you can decide for yourself.

Hope this helps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Great advice to try a couple of different DAC’s. Having a relationship with a dealer that can loan you gear and taking advantage of in-home trials for the stuff like Schiit is the way to go.

agreed - I think this makes the most sense (i.e. try a couple at various price points in my own system).

I am having a tough time finding a dealer around me for the higher end pieces - can anyone recommend a trusted dealer of Esoteric/DCS/etc that might work with my on a longer distance basis?

thanks!