View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino View Post
Hi all, I'd like to clear up a few points about my system under review, by my friend Stephen-

The Lingolab 'the Bench', in case an expert might be confused by the pic, is a custom, one-off- Basically, the usual, + custom doors to contrast the speakers-

The speakers are custom one-off Shindo Latours- They have Altec Valencia grills, 416-8A & 806-8A drivers- The cabinets, wiring and the crossover, are all made by Shindo- The crossover is made ready for field coil (w/ a power plug in the rear, in Shindo green) (same as the current Latour/Lafite), however is not at this time- The Altecs were procured by and approved by 'the Master'-

The Speaker cables as stated, are Auditorium 23 (A23 LS), however all interconnects are Shindo silver & the PCs are all Shindo upgrade models (black) (only made for a short time)-

As far as the dynamics, I'll leave the comments to personal thoughts, however if there are shortcomings, it's not because of 8 watts (the speakers are 100db efficient)- + The volume on the Monbrison is only at about 8:00, AKA, barely turned up- Sunday we will be messing w/ the set up a bit more, fwiw, + one of Stephen's TTs-

My Wavac will be arriving on Tue to compare, however we're concerned it might be too powerful w/ 55w !

DonBattles/Cellindo- The Monbrison was just on 'holiday' at 'home' in Japan, and received whatever groovy stuff the 'Dr' ordered, to bring it up to date, so all systems are a-ok, including the tubes- + I have tons of NOS tubes in case, including back up NOS WE 300Bs for the Lafons-

Also, FWIW, the not yet specifically mentioned Lafons (in the review), are the earlier models that originally came w/ and were voiced w/ WE 300Bs, not the Cetrons, that were used a little later-

Ok, that's it for now, the boys will be here in 11 hrs !

I'm sure there will be excellent follow ups coming-

David
David, thanks for jumping in with your comments and additional information.

The rest of the gang here at AA: I'll be bringing my Rega P5 over to David's place today and Gregory, David, and I are going to do some additional listening for the better part of the afternoon. I'll be bringing a wide selection of classical music and we'll really give the system a workout and see what it's capable of.

Jerome, I'll get some pictures of the entire system for you...

Stay tuned, gang!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.