View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
Thanks again, guys, and especially to Ivan. I was unaware of the Macan's ridiculous hood design. Was aware of the Q5 platform derivation and the small back seat. It doesn't snow much here in Piedmont NC, and my interest is not in its off-road capabilities (or lack thereof) - mostly its somewhat sporty ride and appealing looks. But I haven't heard any of you talk about even a medium term experience with a Macan.... which may be telling. The new 2019 Macan is supposedly the only refresh (and a minor one) planned before they take this thing electric in several years.
That’s what they are saying. Macan and half the Porsche lineup will be electric only. 2022-23? That’s a whole different topic all in itself. I really do not see how or why an electric Porsche should continue to enjoy its iconic status when instead of the sound of the flat six, there will be the sound of.... very non- enthusiastic “nothing”... much like the many other e-cars that will be offered. Will Paying a premium for a Porsche badge make sense in another decade? I’m not sure.

Then again Porsche lost its appeal to me after the 997 generation as they started to turbo charge everything and the once glorious wail of the flat six has been replaced with crackles and wheezes of what sounds like a Beluga whale with bronchitis.