View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 PM

Default Shindo Mr. T

I said, "Uh, oh," when I read Jack's review of the Mr. T. I have an all Shindo system (inc. a couple of Mr. T's) which Jack led me to believe I could improve with an Audience power conditioner and chords. I started with the AR2T and the e chord which has evolved into an AR6TO and Au24 powerchords. After much trial and error I am very pleased with my digital source components and the Giscours connected to the AR6TO via the powerchords and the GM70 amps and petite Latours drawing life from the Mr. T also via the AU24 powerchords. Big improvements to my ears over everything coming through the Mr. T with Shindo chords. I knew this verged on heresy, but when Matt Rotundo visited to replace my TNT with the Shindo 301, I had him give a listen to the system using both the AR2T and the Mr. T. He said no negative thing as I first experienced the wonders of the 301. And then Matt asked if he could run everything through the Mr. T with the Shindo chords. After rewiring and a good listen I asked him what he thought. He said, "It sounds more human to me." "There you go again," I said, "throwing around those audiophile terms."