View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 12:03 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Blues View Post
Paul McGowan of PS Audio credits Mike Moffatt of Schiit with providing him with his first cable epiphany many years ago. As @Puma Cat rightly notes, Jason Stoddard is very reticent to indulge in conversations about cables and fuses in on-line forums, with good reason.

I have Wireworld balanced cables running from my Yggy to my preamp and could not be more delighted by the sonic presentation.

Everything matters.
Agreed. Having read Jason's Schiit Happened e-book for the last number of years, its very clear these are very sharp guys running a very successful business, and staying focused on they actually have control over: their own product development and portfolio. They don't have any control or influence over the types and brands of cables people use, so why waste time and energy on things that are outside of the control of your business? Staying focused on what you have control and influence over vs. what you don't is much more effective.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.