View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
Thanks for that info.
So the DBT then doesn't attempt to determine listener's preference for a speaker's soundstage capabilities - which is potentially a limitation for those interested in mostly two channel listening.
Nope and this has been discussed at length (with contributions from Voecks and Toole) at https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...nce-shows.html

Quote:
And it also does still perhaps bias the test in favor of speakers that are designed for on-axis listening, as well as speakers that have a broader beam in the vertical axis, or where the optimum listener's height just so happens to coincide with the conditions of the test setup.
Nope. The listener can get up and move around. I did.

Quote:
Not that I'm attempting to undermine the methodology but I can see that there's a high probability that there will be a bias in favor of Revel speakers simply because they're engineered to have a smoother response over a wider vertical and horizontal plane than most. An engineering positive of course.
Or the other way around. Revel designs take into account the data derived from these tests of their speakers and those of many others.

Quote:
Noting too the very fine review of the F228be in this month's issue of Stereophile.
Thanks.