View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I am confident they sound very nice. There is a very clear behavior for break-in for Dyns, though, that needs to be understood. They sound good initially, but they may very well start to sound pretty bad at 100-150 hours, start to clean up again by 200-250 hours, and by 300 hours, bing! They will also of a sudden "be there". Its very important to stay on with them when they start to sound poorly mid-way through the break-in period, because once you get past 300 hours, you will be REALLY happy. I've read of several owners that sold them during the uncomfortable-sounding period of mid-break in, and came to regret it later. So patience is key...

Regarding power: actually, what they need is current, not power, as they have very large, 3" voice coils. High quality, mid-power tube amps can swing large amounts of current when required for transients. I drive my big Dyn Contour S3.4s with a 70 WPC C-J LP70S very effectively.

Puma,

Thanks for the heads up on the break in behavior. I will wait till after break in period to decide on keeping the Hegel amp. [emoji106][emoji106]