Thread: A10 as a Preamp
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Retired

Default A10 as a Preamp

After a fair bit of looking at music servers of various ilks, think the A10 comes the closest to filling all my needs. That fact that it will perform all the needed digital functions (store & playback digital files, interface in order to stream, has an internal DAC) as well as perform as a digital preamp (1x XLR & 1x RCA analog outs), find that it only lacks one thing.......... no analog inputs to allow it to function as a preamp for playing LPs. Am a big fan of FM radio (analog), but can always stream that (digital) into the A10. In the specifications for the A10 on their website, Aurender lists under "Other I/O - USB port x2". Does anyone know how these two USB ports are/can be configured?
Any suggestions on how to get an analog signal into/thru the A10, or am I asking the impossible?
Thanks.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 09-29-2018 at 10:30 PM.