View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:30 PM

I appreciate everyone's comments, but this is part of the reason why I've resisted jumping onto the power cord wagon for so long. Many claim that they've found the Shunyata Venom HC to be the best bang for the buck while others claim that the similarly priced Wireworld Electra 7 outperforms it. Others put more emphasis in plug design when making their buying decision. Audio Art Cables claims that their different plug options are the determining factor in their cord's ultimate sound qualities. If you look at plug design alone, one would think the WW Electra 7 to be better because of its silver clad copper alloy contacts vs. the Venom HC's nickel plated brass. So, as with everything else in audio, it's obvious that power cord selection is very subjective and somewhat component brand restrictive. If I decide to dive in deeper, my only choice is to take the time to actually try multiple cords in my system, probably starting with my power amp. It's too bad that Shunyata and Wireworld don't offer a satisfaction guarantee like Audio Art does. It would make it a lot easier for people like me to make a decision.