View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:26 AM

Hey Jay!

Could you tell us a bit more about the crossovers? Do they go inside the cabinet or are they external, and how do you wire into them? I have to assume you clip the internal leads coming from the screw tab on the input side, and then run new wire from the crossover to each driver? And you just leave the stock N-800-F in-place in the cabinet?

This is probably one of the only commercial crossovers I've heard of for these speakers. I think I saw a picture before...will look up on eBay but if I remember correctly they use transformers (auto former?) and caps, so they are a bit different than the stock schematic I think. I bet they are awesome! The stock crossovers are so terribly limited in a number of ways, most notably IMO, they seem to get congested and bark at modestly high volumes, and the sound stage seems to congeal and collapse. At lower volumes they can still sound remarkably good though haha.

Thanks for the info!

Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBass View Post
Guys,
Great idea for a dedicated thread.
As I have said in a number of previous posts, my 846A's, which I have run with Shindo for several years, took a leap upwards in listenability when I installed the Jabo Labs/Werner Jagusch crossovers. Better cohesiveness, any harshness/relentlessness gone, etc.
Anyone else have experience with these crossovers?

Last edited by junker; 09-01-2015 at 01:00 AM.