View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Semi-audiophile

Having decided not to wait for the full 20 hours (with some "influence" from others on the forum), I swapped out the Black Diamond tubes in my C2300 for Gold Lions. In limited listening, I've not heard any difference with regard to my earlier comments about the sound characteristics of the Premiums. I hear the same bottom frequency qualities described previously, and any other differences are from the tubes. That, to me, is a positive for the Premiums. If anything, the sound going forward might indicate what effect (if any) the tubes have on the Premiums' performance.

It is time to pull out the same discs I used with the BDs in the 2300 and compare that sound to what I heard before. Perhaps I'll get to do that this weekend.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks