View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 06:23 PM

Magnepans, especially the upper level models, have an enveloping sound that is rarely matched by other speakers on the market. They offer a luxurious and tonally appealing sound, especially for people who consider the term analytical as a pejorative. I have the pleasure of listening to the 20.7s at my local dealer who also sells Vandersteens. The only weakness I see with the design is with time coherence, which can affect soundstaging. Like all speaker designs, it comes down to qualities one values in music reproduction. If I could make another dedicated listening room in my house, it would be with Maggies as transducers as they give a uniquely beautiful presentation of music.

The 30.7s must be something special, especially in a room that allows them to breath.
Digital Software: Roon, Tidal Streaming
Digital Music Server: Melco N1A/2
Digital Sources: Totaldac d1-twelve SE MkII (factory upgraded from MKI) with "live power" 4 output power supply, Oppo UDP-205
Preamplifier: Rogue Audio RP-9 (factory upgraded from RP-7)
Amplifier: Vandersteen M5-HPA
Speakers: Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT w/IsoAcoustics Gaia 1 feet
Cabling: WW Platinum Starlight 7 digital wires, Totaldac Gigafilter USB filter, AQ Sky XLR, AQ Fire RCA
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Oak spades ---> bi-wire spades
Power Cables: Esprit PC (for DAC), 2 WW Platinum Electra PC (Preamp/Phono Preamp), AQ NRG10 (Melco N1A/2), AQ Blizzard (Quatro Wood CT built-in subs)
Power Conditioning: 2 AQ Niagara 1000, 3 Oyaide R1 outlets
Sound Treatments: 23 ASC Tube Traps and 10 Panels

Last edited by ylee; 03-17-2018 at 06:30 PM.