View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:09 AM
Keeping it real since '75

Thanks for the congrats guys!

I have Mcintosh 1.2KW's for amps and Mcintosh MX-150 for pre-amp (eventhough its only a 2 channel setup; I wanted the room correction and digital inputs). I have stillpoints on all my sources and use a PurePower 2000 for powering regeration along with upgraded power cords (shunyata and PS Audio). I also had stillpoints on my V1's which I will swap over to the V2's. For color, I went with "Azzuro California" (which is apparently a 2010 Ferrari California color; its a light blue that looks really cool!) with black grills and black hardware.

As for differences between the V1's and V2's, I may not be a good source for this info quite yet. Let me explain why.... I have always preferred silk dome tweeters as the alternatives always seemed harsh to me, but using stillpoints on the speakers, and source components along with upgraded power cords, took a lot of the "edge" off my V1's. I demo'd the V2's in store but to be completely honest, my overall components and setup at home was superior to the listening environment at the dealer. Having said this, I was able to compare the V2's to Alexx and I liked the V2's better, so thats saying a lot!