View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Audio,Trains & Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisChas View Post
I'm from London, UK and I'm upgrading at the moment, an expensive business that we all seem to go on for, all too regularly. The only reason I have a safe in my house is to hide my hi fi invoices from my (luckily not very inquisitive) wifey

So I collected a new Jeff Rowland Corus this week and it's a beautiful and fantastically well made bit of kit. Sounds very good so far but will no doubt get even better in due course.

The ACT C60's are 89db effeciency and do not present any particular challenges to an amplifier so either choice of new amp would have plenty of spare current capacity.

In the UK, you won't get any discount when purchasing a Momentum Stereo but some movement on JR kit as the brand has yet to be established in the UK so prices are very similar on actual purchase.

The Jeff Rowland 725's will match the Corus preamp I've just taken delivery of but which of us wouldn't want a DAG Momentum Stereo? It is a thing of particular beauty.

The Corus and 725's just very well reviewed in Absolute Sounds magazine, the Momentum Stereo has been very well reviewed in a number of American and UK hi fi magazines.

I should hopefully be able to borrow a Momentum Stereo for a home demo but no 725's in the UK.

I'm trying to find out what profile and success Jeff Rowland enjoy in the States? Can anyone comment on this? I have drawn the UK importer's attention to their absence on AA and I hope this will change.

Thank you in anticipation.
Not a Roland owner, but like the sound, have heard their gear many times. It is very easy to listen to. In the States it is considered a premium brand and highly regarded. It is manufactured in Colorado and the company is employee owned. How long will DAG remain in business? (Remember Krell ???!!!) Isn't it made in China? No question I'd purchase Roland.

Last edited by tdelahanty; 01-21-2013 at 11:26 AM.