View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Musicality is so highly subjective a description that it is pointless. IMHO, of course.
Ok but here are the words of a fellow reviewer from Stereophile. Do not all reviewers view the topic of speaker musicality in a similar light? I'd love to hear your thoughts then.

Conclusions
Clearly, Alan Shaw understands that loudspeakers sound like the sum of their parts. He understands that you can't accurately reproduce timbres if the bits of Kevlar, carbon, titanium, or beryllium sing louder than the King's College Choir. Shaw also understands that the secret of making an accurate loudspeaker is not a gaudy cabinet that weighs a quarter of a ton. Harbeth Audio's Monitor 30.2 40th Anniversary Edition demonstrated that the best way to make a reference-quality loudspeaker might be the simplest: use cones and domes and boxes that minimize the aforementioned material colorations. Shaw says that the sound of his Radial2 cone is the least colored of all present-day bass-midrange cones. I believe he is right.

I also believe that Harbeth's Monitor 30.2 is the most neutral, accurate, tuneful, fun, and music-loving stand-mounted two-way speaker I've heard.