View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 04:26 AM

PHC1, Here's my response to your last 3 posts ;
I can't speak of what "most" studios are monitoring on but I'd bet that they are mid-field speakers (for classical anyway) rather than bridge monitors. And that they are set out in front of the recording desk because of spacial relationships are very important to orchestral music.
I do listen to real monitor speakers. At realistic sound levels. I don't listen to Headphones. I don't like them.
My hearing is not linear, and I have tinnitus. Sitting in front the timpani for 40 years will do that to you. And even though my hearing is not linear I can hear when a speaker is not performing in a linear fashion. A I'd bet you can too. I see for your main system you are using Harbeth 30.2's. Those are a very neutral speaker, with a well earned reputation. After the amount of time you've spent listening to them, I'd bet you can readily hear a speaker behaving in a non-linear way also.
regarding "audiophile" recordings. I've heard some that take me to musical nirvana, and some that just sound like hell.