View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 10:00 PM

Hello there, sorry to have kept you waiting, I was too sleepy to do any critical listening or playing computer.

Frankly speaking, the way I set Them up is too far from ideal to give a precise review.

Before talking about sound, here are some of my idea toward D'Agostino products.

1. Built quality and finishing are first rate.. absolutely..
2. large percentage of its cost is about bling bling factor, the metal flight cases , the remote controller, the meters.. etc.
3. there are some certain ergonomic design that are not ergonomic. all the screened letters, front and back, are mostly almost invisible, front panel light at preamp is too bright and may be non-adjustable, big minus for home theater use.
4. the green on the preamp meter is greener than those on power amps.. why..?

Now the sound !

I wish I could put Momentum amps in place of ARC preamp and to put Momentum pre in place of Mephisto power amp, so that they get perfect platform to work on.

I only have two pairs of Stage III XLR interconnects, oh and Acrolink 2090, I felt D'Agostino not going well with any silver cables, I even have to change PC cords feeding Momentum amp from Stage III Minotaur to JPS Aluminata to bring up some meat. the PC Cord tp Momentum pre is Kubala Elation.

There is certain new things that I heard last night.

1. the 3D effect. hall ambiance is so surrounded like this is an Atmos (cinema version ) system. Sound coming from all around me and can also have pinpoint location
too coming from many direction around me.
2. there was an ease to my ears that is very impressive. so smooth.
3. tonally, as I said before, they are not matched very well to silver based cable, so
over all sound is lighter than my own system, whiter too. Today I will try Acrolink cable
in stead of Stage III.
4. I didn't feel the extra power from this 300w mono block compare to my stereo 175 watt amp.

Please allow me some more time, I really did have little time with them last night.
But I am sure they will make outstanding sound with.. Transparent cables or high quality copper based cables.

Toga