View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by substance View Post
Accuphase unit works only with matching accuphase pre amp and dac. Digital input output loop uses proprietary connectors. They are also out of production by few years. You would have to seek in the second hand market. They are vastly superior to mcintosh in both room perfect and dac implementation.

If you go with the 151 route, it would take over your men220, pre amp and dac. There would be no room for Dave. You would feed all your digital sources into mx151 via digital coax, optical or xlr aes digital. Mx151 would internally apply room correction. Then it would convert back to analog with its 24/192khz dacs and apply volume control in analog domain(which is good). If you use it in stereo mode, it won't do any other processing. Mx151 in stereo mode vs men220 should be identical except that mx151 keeps the signal in digital domain and uses better dacs at the end(this means it's actually better than men220)

Mx150/151 in the second hand market are dirt cheap. The cost should be the same as a brand new men220 or less. As a bonus you get a second zone and hdmi inputs. You can feed an sacd player with an hdmi output (such as mvp881,891,901 or an oppo) and have it feed pure digital signal into mx151.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I don't mind answering them to my best knowledge. I have a degree in ece and 20 year experience in home audio.
Excellent post! Thank you!