Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermerio View Post
Bill

I never do. Why the question? My dac though has the adjustment
For both negative and positive phase, don’t know if this has the
Same effect.

Elmer
Hi Elmer,

When you reverse the leads as you have done, you have placed the mids in the incorrect acoustic (not to be confused with electrical) phase relative to the woofers at the listening position. That is, you have misaligned the mids to the woofer. What you like is up to you, but over time this configuration should show up as completely incorrect in timing, integration, staging and tonal balance.

Someone suggested altering resistor values in the bass modules. The right course of action is to revisit set up. I would bet that the speaker is not correctly positioned relative to the bass to mid transition. At the end of the WASP set up process, you are talking small fractions of an inch.

Absolute polarity is different and is based on the polarity of signal being maintained at the speaker output relative to the original mic feed(s). It is based on each individual recording. Properly set up Sasha 2s should show obvious differences between positive and inverted polarity on most tracks. If they do not, see above.

Bill