View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:39 PM

Default Jonathan's Quote

Thank you Jonathan, a great post indeed

QUOTE=Vinyljh;606103]Hey guys,

I thought I would share this very eloquent quote from an ongoing blog "truefi" about a Shindo based system in Europe. The title is "incredibly close to the music." Maybe this thread can become a place to talk about getting the most from a Shindo chain and discussing the philosophies of Shindo the Sound Create Producer.

" Today I want to report about a system, were the amplifying chain is completely relying to the qualities of one of the most important tube amplifier designers of our time, the shortly passed away Ken Shindo. Tube electronics of this master are designed as single components in technical terms, but their major effect will be shown when matched together to a chain. A tremendous advantage above the most other tube components is their complementary characteristic of higher order of musicality within this match. A chain of amplifying devices (transformers, components, tubes, cables and their technical principles together with mechanical details) create additional physical abilities and psychoacoustical effects. Here the summary of harmonies, dynamic details and musicality in general make a completely different reception of music possible. Every audio chain does, with tube components it appears in a advanced stage, but only a handful designers do take care about the importance of matching effects. Ken Shindo was one of the few, who was able to create sound systems, which have the ability to keep the inherent structure of music in a comprehensible flow. Almost close to the listening at natural instruments, his amplifiers make this sort of listening ease to one main sensation and criteria, independent of its technical implementation."

Jonathan[/QUOTE]