View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 05:39 PM

Default I Own Olympica III's - Which Models Above Those Can Work Well In A Smaller Room?

As the title says, I am the current owner of a one year old pair of Olympica III's. I absolutely love these speakers, and they play beautifully in my room. Of course, you always wonder if even more Sonus Faber magic could be available?

If I were to move to upgraded Sonus Faber speakers, I would certainly purchase them used, with an absolute maximum budget of, say, $18k. The following floor standing speakers can, at various times, be found between, 12k-18k, on a very good deal, used:

Elipsa SE
Amati Anniversario
Amati Futura
Stradavari Homage

Would any of these be capable of working well in my relatively small room? The room is 13x15x8. The Olympica III's were professionally set up so that they are 9 feet from the listening position, just over six feet apart, 3.5 feet from the sidewalls and two feet out from the back wall.

I suspect the Elipsa SE's are eliminated immediately based on what a Sonus Faber dealer told me about them simply not working in a small room.

Thanks for any expertise and assistance on this, it's greatly appreciated. It might well end up that nothing larger than the Olympica III's will perform optimally in my room, but it's important that I know, one way or the other.

John