View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 PM

Joe...I posted the price increases in response to a thread on the subject on Agon. I had received an email from Acoustic Sounds with all the price increases. Some of the gear had 70-80% price increases. I am not sure what happened to necessitate such price increases but they were substantial. My conjecture was that they were losing money on their hifi gear but probably making money on their pro gear and so without good financial and accounting controls, they may not have been aware that they were losing or barely making money on the hifi side of the business. Very possible but mere conjecture on my part. Whatever the case may be, their products now will be compared to competing products at a higher price point, so hopefully their gear will still be competitive from price/performance perspective. They certainly were before the price increases on Feb 15th I believe it was.

Congrats on your new Stingray and the NeoClassic amps. The NeoClassics look like they can handle pretty much anything Enjoy and let us know what you think of the gear as it continues to break-in.