View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......Congratulations on your new Yggdrasil. It truly is an exceptional DAC. You and I will be enjoying the same source component and DAC in our respective sound systems. Kind of cool. I am loving the Simaudio MOON Neo 260D transport and Yggdrasil combination. I have been listening to it since about 4:00 PM today. I now have 25 hours on the 260D transport and haven't found a single thing to nitpick about.

I am not only looking forward to your impressions of the MOON Neo 260D with the Yggdrasil, I am also looking forward to reading your impressions of the Yggdrasil compared to the Gumby.

You are in for a real treat with your new Yggdrasil and 260D transport. Here's to many hours of enjoyable listening.
Thanks Dan! I'm looking forward to hearing YggY in my new system and comparing to what I heard with Gumby. My findings/observations will be more on the "macro" side as to the differences at this point since I will no longer be able to compare two side by side in a thorough A/B comparison. Still it will be interesting to see if anything jumps out immediately and as the YggY breaks in a bit. The break in of Gumby is still vivid in my mind as is the performance in my new system with the recordings I used for reference.

I have also ordered a Wireworld Gold Starlight 7 AES/EBU so yes, we do have an identical source now.