View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 03:09 PM

Serge, your logic makes a lot of sense, with exceptions regarding ownership vs streaming:

I have had favorites in both Qobuz and Tidal disappear because of licensing issues. If I really love a particular recording I find on Qobuz, I’ll still buy it as a download so that I know I’ll have it wherever and whenever I want it without worrying about it suddenly disappearing.

I have also come across new recordings I really wanted to hear that were not available on either streaming service, which left purchasing physical media as the only option.

And then there are the recordings I have, mostly vinyl, that simply aren’t available anywhere else - never got reissued as cd, or went out of production, or got reissued but never made it to streaming services because they weren’t popular enough.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2