View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGale View Post
I understand what you are saying as I heard the same when I compared the Bryston 4BSST and is the reason I went with the Classe as it sounded smoother through the midrange however it is my understanding the new Cubed series from Bryston is vastly improved which is echoed through numerous reviews I have read and since I have a large room I am wondering just how big of a difference it would make to have 600 watts into 8 ohms versus the 300 I have now.
Yes, the new Cube get's good reviews. I haven't heard the new amps myself but I friend bought a 4B Cube, he had the older 4Bsst before, and he says the new Cube sounds smoother than the older sst.

I have a rather small music room, appx 25 square meters and 2x600W made a big different in the bass handling compared to 2x300W so I believe it will make a different for you too. But my room are having bass traps and other acoustic treatments. Before that the 802D2 did'nt work well att all in the room.

Best regards
Lasse
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond.Pre/amplifier: Mark Levinson No:326S/Classé CP-800mk2/ Classé CA-2300/14BSST2.TT: Michell Orbe/SME 309/Benz Micro Wood Digital: Bryston BDA-3/BDP-2 & Mac mini, SOtM-200 Ultra, Roon, Synology NAS. CD/SACD: Marantz 7007
Cables: Supra/Van den Hul/ Isotek, AQ. Others: Isotek Aquaries/Finite Elements/SMT Wings/Entreq